英语短语系列知识点考点复习in deep water/in detail
in deep water 陷入困境
例句John has been in deep water ever since he lost his job.
It was easy at first,but we are in deep water now.
Have lost her passport, she is now in deep water.
in detail 详细地
例句He described the process in detail.
We'll discuss the problem later in detail.
Would you please explain the theme in detail?
例句The business is in financial difficulty.
When you are in difficulty, you may ask for her help.
We should help the friends in difficulty.
1. A computer ______ think for itself; it must be told what to do.
A. can’t B. couldn’t C. may not D. might not
2. The fire spread through the hotel very quickly but everyone ______ get out.
A. had to B. would C. could D. was able to
3. They will ______ run this machine on their own in three months.
A. can B. could C. may D.be able to
1. You ______ return the book now. You can keep it till next week if you like.
A. can’t B. mustn’t C. needn’t D. may not
2. Johnny, you ______ play with the knife, you ______ hurt yourself.
A. won’t ; can’t B. mustn’t ; may
C. shouldn’t ; must D. can’t ; shouldn’t
3. --Will you stay for lunch?--Sorry, _____.My brother is coming to see me.
A. I mustn’t B. I can’t C. I needn’t D. I won’t
4. --May I pick a flower in the garden?--________.
A. No, you needn’t B. Not, please
C. No, you mustn’t D. No, you won’t